As the home of the Army's Human Resource Center of Excellence (HRCoE) and a number of other Army organizations, Fort Knox is one of our region's largest employers. Thousands of civilian employees & government contractors commute to the installation daily to work in jobs supporting our soldiers and their families. With a constant supply of job openings, many job seekers find opportunities to put their skills to work for the U.S. Army, right here in central Kentucky. Below you can find more information about these jobs and the federal hiring process. Or click here to download a PDF guide about the federal hiring process.
Finding Army Job Openings
- If you or someone you know is interested in career opportunities with the Department of the Army, all Army vacancies are announced on their Vacancy Announcement board which can be accessed at: http://usajobs.gov.
- Once at the website, you can click Advanced Search to narrow your search criteria by state, career category, grade level and/or country, and can view all of the current vacant positions.
- As future positions become available they will be posted on the Announcement Board. In order to apply for a vacancy, you must first create your online resume. For information on how to apply, go to https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tutorials.
- Army Job Salaries & Qualifications
- Staff members of the Lincoln Trail Career Centers have received training on USAJOBS and can provide member of the general public with additional assistance in creating their resume. For a listing of Career Center locations, visit www.ltcareercenter.org.
- Download helpful tips for Applicants by clicking here.
- Download helpful tips for Military Spouses by clicking here.
- If you are a current Army Employee and need additional assistance, please contact the Fort Knox Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) at 502-624-3429.
- If you are a military retiree and need additional assistance, please contact the Fort Knox Army Career Alumni Program (ACAP) at 502-624-2627.
- If you are a family member of an Army employee and need additional assistance, please contact the Fort Knox Army Employment Readiness Office at 502-624-8855.
- A number of private businesses have government contracts with organizations at Fort Knox. As a result, they frequently employee civilians in jobs on or near the post.
- Below is a listing of links to web sites for many of these companies. Be sure to check out their career pages:
|Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC)
|Booz Allen Hamilton
|Dynamics Research Corporation
|The Boeing Company
*The list above may not include all contractors associated with Fort Knox but is updated regularly. If you are a government contractor and would like to be added or know of others that should be listed here, please contact us.